Monday, October 22, 2012

Autumn/Fall Anime 2012

I could've sworn that I was going to pick up more shows but I guess this is it. Maybe something will peak my interest later but this is what I'm going to be watching for now.


Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
Aww yeah, time to strap in for some more wideface action. I'm actually waiting for it to finish so I can marathon it all at once. I know for a fact that I can't wait weekly for this.

Initial D Fifth Stage
FUCK YEAH!!! It's been years since Fourth Stage so I'm kind of amazed that they're actually continuing the anime. Apparently two episodes once a month, every month. I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

Bakuman. 3
Season 3 of the anime about people making manga. Nowadays, it focuses more on the character relationships rather than the process of making manga. Although it does go back to that in order to advance the plot. Still entertaining and fun.

Btooom!
I didn't know much about this at all and picked it up on feeling alone. The first episode wasn't too good and the direction for it was really shitty. It did get much better once episode 2 came and managed to hook me after that.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Another KyoAni production but sadly it isn't up to par with their other works. I really hate the "chuunibyou" characters and find them massively annoying. I kinda want to see a show about a main character who wants to be normal and succeeds at it. Despite this, I do like this show and it still manages to be a lot of fun.

Girls und Panzer
I wasn't expecting much from this show but it was surprisingly good. It seems pretty lighthearted despite involving tanks.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
I've read the manga and thought it was awesome. So far, the anime has been a pretty good and a faithful adaptation. The violence seems a bit toned down but I'm pretty sure the Blu ray will fix that. YES, the ending theme is amazing! Opening theme is amazing too.

K
I picked it up because I'm kind of a fan of GoHands animation work. Of course, the animation is really good. At times, it feels like it's just showing off. The actual story is a typical action modern fantasy with a fujoshi pandering twist. It hasn't really hooked me but at least it's nice to look at.

Medaka Box Abnormal
Season 2 of Medaka Box, picking up right where it left off. It isn't the best story in the world and the animation isn't at the quality of studio's more famous works but it still manages to entertain me.

Psycho-Pass
Disregarding the famous writer involved, I was interested in this because the Sci-Fi concept intrigued me. Then I learned that one of my favorite bands was doing the OP theme for it,second time this has happened which pretty much guaranteed that I'd watch it. Cool soundtrack and a dark cyberpunk setting. I'm liking it already but it feels like it's taking its time with setup. I'm not really sure where it's going but I'll keep watching.

Robotics;Notes
Popular VN that's a semi-sequel to another popular VN gets an anime. I kinda like where it's going but I hate main guy's attitude. I'm pretty sure that some character development will take place along with cast expansion, you know the drill. Pretty fun and I like the mecha fanaticism.

Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter
I don't even know why I even picked it up in the first place but... Holy shit, it's fucking awesome. It's filled with giant robot anime cliches and isn't ashamed at what it's doing. Pure fun and a really good palette cleanser. Transformable sports car mecha with card games.



I wasn't planning to take this long to post this but that's what happened. Oh well, maybe I'll do better next time. Can't cure the lazy, you know. On a side note, I kinda like this time of year.


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't get into much shows for this season. I'm mainly enjoying ToLove and Hidamari, but I already knew beforehand that I would like them.

    ReplyDelete