Saturday, June 2, 2012

Untitled: The post with a title

Gahh! So cute, my face is getting wide.

So how was your week? Oh, I shouldn't be asking that? Fine, I guess I'll write something down.

Since E3 is coming next week, I thought I should write something before I come on here ranting bitching about it.

So I finally got settled on a few video games. The first would be The Legend Of Zelda Link's Awakening DX. This has got to be the funnest Zelda game I've ever played. Let me backtrack for a second. I've never been a huge fan of the series, so all of the games have left me a bit underwhelmed. But this game is fucking awesome. I got stuck at one part but I refuse to use a guide. I'll figure it out eventually.

Speaking of old games. I've also been playing the original Pokemon Red. I've never beaten the first generation (fire red/leaf green doesn't count). Some stupid shit always happens and I stop for some reason. This time I plan on finishing it once and for all. So far, it's been great. Really tedious since I've played it so many goddamn times and it's an old gameboy game. But it's great because of that, as well as its other faults.

The last game I'll mention is Dark Souls. Funny how it took me so long to finally start playing it. Well, I did play it when I first got my PS3 back in October. But the game didn't really hook me and since then I've been trying to find a game that would give me some sort of reason to turn on the PS3. It got dusty really fast. Dark Souls got me hooked and I've been playing it every day. I like the sense of progression that it gives you and the fact that it doesn't hold your hand. I would recommend going in without a guide. That way you'll form your own memories with the game and how you overcame everything in your own way. For example, going in the wrong area and leveling up like crazy only to find out that you're not supposed to be there and by the time you go back to where you're supposed to be, everything becomes easy as hell. Yeah, I've been playing this game a lot. I even look forward to playing it, which doesn't happen too much.

I guess I'll ask again. How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. My week was ok. I'm trying not to get excited by E3 since it usually ends up disappointing.

    Pokemon seems like it'd be fun to go back and play. I didn't really keep up with the franchise after Gold/Silver, but I loved Red/Blue back in the day. I've since played a bit of Fire Red on an emulator but I always end up abusing the +speed function, which takes away from the experience.

    I hear Dark Souls is coming to the PC. I'm quite looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashamed to say I've never played a Zelda title.

    I grew up with Pokemon Yellow. Didn't have Red or Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to Dark Souls for a long time, but it didn't hook me for some reason. I think I was trying to compare it to Demon's Souls too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you know I'm trying to play Dark Souls after I completing most of Graces F.
    When I play Dark Souls its pretty much time to die.

    ReplyDelete